FLYCRAFT BOAT

Acristickid

Acristickid

Appears versatile.

Anyone see these? What is your opinion?

Looks okay because it appears easy to transport and can take on some whitewater and lakes.

I am not in the market for a boat but looks interesting.

https://www.flycraftusa.com/pages/stealth-boat-packages

Those things look so sweet. I spent the last hour watching videos on YouTube about them. A search came up wth a forum member on here buying one. I'm hoping he gives a update because that post was from 2014.

-B

I'm contemplating a retirement move to a medium-large river in Pennsylvania and if/when I do so, I'd love to have one of these rigs.

Theyre very narrow, just be aware of that. Ive never been in a flycraft, but my NRS outlaw 130 has a width of 6'3" and an inside width of 39". Knowing this, and looking at the specs of the flycraft - damn that thing is narrow. Overall width is listed as 46" with a tube width of 14.5". This gives you an inside width of 17". Seventeen. Thats barely enough width to be able to stand in comfortably on a moving boat.

Just food for thought. For the money - you are likely much better off buying a real raft and putting an NRS fishing frame on it. One caveat: if you need something very small due to storage/transportation concerns. If thats the case - grab one and get on the water!

There was a guy on here earlier this year looking at one. I believe he got it and was very pleased. That said, I'll agree with the above post that the boat is mighty narrow. Mkerr on here got a Saturn raft / kayak with a rowing frame. The guide prototype is 6" longer and a good bit wider. Rowing frame can be ordered which makes it a pretty sweet setup. The other one to look at is the Stealthcraft Hooligan which is pretty similar to the Saturn. https://youtu.be/p6bFsMukxM8 the text in the video is a bit corny but you get the jist.

Even though a lean bar can be a PITA, I'd prefer one for safety while standing in moving water. Saturn and Stealthcraft have bars. Flycraft has a bar on your calves which doesn't prevent an over bow ejection. LOL

Back