Fly Tying Tips and Techniques

gaeronf

gaeronf

As you guys know I make the occasional fly tying video and fishing video. However, I started making fly tying tips and techniques videos that I keep adding to every week or so. Some of them are as simple as starting your thread, and some are as dumb as making rubber-leg packaging easier to deal with. Just figured I'd give you guys the link to the playlist on youtube. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRT9Op6knr5k01QoxshNl_dAH9NTRz1VV&feature=mh_lolz

Good stuff man. See ya next weekend.

Good idea "G" man I'll come by and check ya out at the show.

I have a request. Split tails. They drive me nuts.

I either leave a long tag to split them, or build up a little ball of thread at the rear of the hook to split them. Both are really easy and work well.

When you have a certain part or technique that gives you trouble I've found that by taking some time and tying only that area over and over until you get it helps alot. Repetition is key, I've heard that you really don't have a fly down or get into a groove so to speak until about the sixth one. For the most part I agree with that.

Good stuff. I started a youtube channel for fishing expeditions, and had plans of documenting my journey from "bait chunker" to fly fishing. I'll check this out, thanks for posting.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll just have to keep practicing.

Back