Fly Tying Symposium, Somerset NJ

Tigereye

Tigereye

20221008 110356

I looked at this , and realized how lucky I was to be there when it was George Harvey , Lefty , Ed Koch , Jack Gartside , AK Best , Clouser , Talluer , Borger , Jorgensen , Oliver Edwards so on and so on ....

thanks. ill have to check it out. i work about 15 min from there. i always go to the fly fishing convention in jan.

I looked at this , and realized how lucky I was to be there when it was George Harvey , Lefty , Ed Koch , Jack Gartside , AK Best , Clouser , Talluer , Borger , Jorgensen , Oliver Edwards so on and so on ....
i met jose wejebe at the fly fishing convention. he was the host of "spanish fly" that use to air on espn outdoors. what a nice guy he was. it was sad to hear of his passing when the plane he was flying crashed. he was great at tying saltwater flys.

I probably will. I know several tiers at the show that stay in the same campground in the Catskills. Hit a good restaurant on the way home or hit the Chester Meat Market in Chester NJ and buy some of their stuffed pork chops to bake in the oven for dinner. I like their stuffed clams and I buy a some of their butcher shop hotdogs that are great.

Last edited:
I probably will. I know several tiers at the show that stay in the same campground in the Catskills. Hit a good restaurant on the way home or hit the Chester Meat Market in Chester NJ and buy some of their stuffed pork chops to bake in the oven for dinner. I like their stuffed clams and I buy a some of their butcher shop hotdogs that are great.
That sounds like a great way to finish a day!

I’ll be there Sunday. Look for the guy in the bright orange Virginia Tech hat.

I may be going over if I can find a road trip partner.

I'll be there Saturday. I working at my salt water club's(South Jersey Coastal Fly Anglers) table. I'll be embarrassing myself tying flies.

Wouldn't miss it, not that I need anything. (At least, not till I see it - lol). Not sure which day though.

I’ll be there Sunday. Look for the guy in the bright orange Virginia Tech hat.
Change of plans…Saturday now. Still the same hat though!

Falcon…can you bring the chops or hotdogs to the show?

Did anybody else go? Thoughts on the show?

This was my first show so I don’t have any reference. Personally I really enjoyed it. There was enough of the tying materials that I needed available for purchase. The guest/celebrity tyers were great to talk to and learn from. And it was really nice to talk to the team from Wayward Trading Post (support this local business)!!

Never made it. My buddy's brake caliper kept binding up. The hub got hot. I freed it up with some cold water. Turned around and drove back roads back home. Oh well.

Did anybody else go? Thoughts on the show?
I was there there Saturday. I spent most of the day tying at my salt water club's table(s). We were in the hallway before you went into the "show" We shared tables with the FFI. It didn't seem as crowded as some of the pre-Covid shows. That would be a good thing if you wanted to spend time talking to the tyers or the vendors. I did take a break and go into the show. A lot of good tyers there. The only things I brought were a couple of packs of Ahrex hooks at their booth, and picked up the sample pack they were giving out. Looking forward to the Fly Fishing show in January.

Back