Fly Tying Software

RCFetter

RCFetter

In another thread Sandfly mentioned that he uses this software and djs remarked it was not expensive. I checked it out and it's only $9.95.

Fly 2000 Fly Tying Software

I was wondering if anyone else has comments on the software.

I saw that too, I'm thinking about it. Would like to hear some opinions also

hmmm looks very interesting would love to hear more about it

I have used it for years, its a good program. that downfall in my view is I cannot add any insects to the data base. also you can only add one photo for each fly. out of all the data bases I use this is the best I think and very easy to use. you also can add stream reports too.

Attachments

• report.JPG
    report.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 2
  • catch reports.JPG
    catch reports.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 3
I did go ahead and purchase the software after Sandflly's reply (BTW - Thanks for the response! ) .

I have not played around with it at all after installation. One down-side (and it maybe me) but it only opens to the display size as shown in the picture I took of my desktop. I have a hi-res, 16" display on my laprtop and would like to take advantage of it, but the sofware seems to be maxed out on display size.

Based on the software name and the look of the screens, I suspect it is older software, written when displays had much lower resolution.

That aside, it looks like it is well worth the $10 I spent on it.

Sandfly - Thank You again for the response and for the great ties you post!

Dave

Attachments

• DisplayFly2000.jpg
    DisplayFly2000.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 3
Sorry, I don't understand what software does. Is it like flash cards? Type in a fly; the software shows a picture of nymph/larva, emerger, dun, spinner and recipes.

Or, is the software a log book? A record of fish, fly and weather conditions?

Its both, you can add all your own patterns into the import fly section and under catches you can do a log. there's also a few pages with hook comparisons, hatch times, (general) fly tying material (some) etc. You do have to resize all pics to 370 W by 260 H. for them to work.. when you are in the insect section and pick say a damsel (highlights) then hit imitation it will take you to patterns that are an imitation of the insect. (some show a general pattern)

Attachments

• hatch 2000.JPG
    hatch 2000.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 3
  • musatd hooks.JPG
    musatd hooks.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 4
  • proportions.JPG
    proportions.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 4
  • insects 2000.JPG
    insects 2000.JPG