Fly Tying Meet-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
zenherper

zenherper

Is there any interest in a fly tying meet-up in Berks county in late January or early February? I’m thinking a Saturday, late morning/early afternoon get-together at a local brewpub to tie some flies and share a pattern (and maybe some stories) over a couple beers. I’m happy to organize it if there is some interest. All levels are welcome. I have an extra vise and materials if there is a new (or wannabe) fly-tyer who wants to join in on the fun and learn.

Possibly interested in this. Sounds like fun. Second Saturday in February definitely wouldn’t work for me. Keep me in the loop if you get some interest. Thanks.

@zenherper Not a tyer, but would enjoy joining if my schedule permits. Great idea
Great! It will be nice to see you! I’m thinking I probably should have started this thread under the Events and Meet-Ups… Oops. I guess once we have a date in place, I’ll formally post it in the Events section.

Possibly interested in this. Sounds like fun. Second Saturday in February definitely wouldn’t work for me. Keep me in the loop if you get some interest. Thanks.
Will do. I’ll avoid the second Saturday in February. I’ll check with a couple local establishments for available dates that they won’t mind having us occupy a small area. I’ll keep you posted.

Both of these months are busy for me but if the date fits I would be up for a bit of a drive. Always willing to travel for fly tying and a new brewpub.

I spoke with the manager at Schaylor Brewing Last night. He said it will not be a problem if a group comes in and occupies a couple tables on a Saturday afternoon. If we can determine a suitable date, I’ll formally create the event in the Events and meet-ups section.

Would Saturday, February 4th work for those who expressed interest? I’m not asking for a commitment, just seeing if that date might work.

A bit out of the way for me but sounds like a great idea. Pre Covid there was always a well attended fly tying jam in Jan/Feb

I live in central NY (just a little less than a 4-hour drive). If the beer and bull is good I'd like to meet some of you. BEWARE-I might try to talk you into trying out one of my swaps! ;)

Kim

I know, I know, by saying that I'll be relegated to the kid's table. :rolleyes:

I would definitely try my best to make February 4th work. I really think it’s a great idea!

Ok. I’ll start a formal thread for February 4th under the Events and Meet-Ups section. Thanks for the replies and interest! Even if it’s just a few guys, it should be a good time.

From the "Events and Meet-up" forum, click below for all the details >

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back