Fly tying materials

F

flynoob

I'm sure the question has probably already been asked on here but I didn't see it yet. I was wondering where the majority of you all buy your tying materials. Local fly shop or online? Any suggestions for good buys online?

Thanks

if your just starting out i would buy materials at your local fly shop , patterns and colors are different for different parts of the state , your local guy can help you get the right material and help ya with patterns for the local creeks

you should support your local fly shop. you can't get much tying info at walmart.

If you have a fly shop, check it out. If not, this place is god and they don't charge shipping.

http://www.discountfishinginc.com/order/CategoryStore.asp?CategorySystemId=23

I usually buy a bunch of stuff from them once a year and it ends up in my Christmas stocking. Everything else I buy at Gander Mtn which is the closest thing I have to a fly shop.

Check out greatfeathers.com they have quality skins and necks if there is something you are looking for and don't see it give them a call Mike and staff are always willing to help a tier.

Try Whitewater Flies .com. Free shipping and they carry almost everything you will ever need for tying. Great customer service as well.

Back