Fly tying desk

captbugger

captbugger

So I have searched all over and still can't find a desk that is smaller than this one but anyone have any suggestions out there I am sharing a office with my wife and she needs the desk.
FYI I am having trouble upload any pictures to this site why is that

Most often problems with posting pics stems from file size. If you do not have a way to shrink the file size to less than 200 K, PM me and we can exchange email addresses. I can shrink the file for you.

Dave

Not knowing your exact situation since the pics aren't visable.....I've spent the last month-isn looking for a new fly tying desk. Found lots of possibles in the local antique stores, and by local I mean within the Carlisle-Gettysburg-Cross Keys antiquing triangle. Found plenty of options down around New Oxford along Rt30, but kinda pricey due to the location "Antique capital of south central PA" and all that...then last wknd I was out n about and swung by the antique 'mall' off the Milroy exit of 322 and stumbled upon this piece, and couldn't be happier. Price was right with a bit of light haggling....

DSC_0027-L.jpg

loading%20foto_zpsm5mzfcnl.jpg

Wow...very nice TT! Here's to tying many flies and catching many fish...good luck.

Here's the one I made. Need to resigned the legs as I'm not using them. My kids have a small table in our living room I have been putting on the sliding it back over my lap on the couch to tie while I watch tv. I have a stacked washer and dryer in my laundry room that I put some wall brackets above to just slide it on tools and all when not in use. Its also now finished off now with a nice poly finish.

Attachments

• Bench.jpg
    Bench.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 4
Tomitrout,

I have almost bought two desks from there. Glad you found a winner.

I have an old wooden elementary student's desk. It works great.

I might upgrade to a teacher's desk here soon. I tend to leave my materials in a pile on the table instead of putting them away...

Here is the desk I built a few weekend ago. Works awesome for less than $25.

kC9rpoF.jpg

^that looks like a nice place to tie flies.

Thank you. It will be even nicer when I get the heater installed this spring. Garage gets cold even with a space heater.
My go to place when my girls are playing their music..lol

Looks good and appears to be easily expandable.

Back