Fly tying classes in montco?

T

timmyt

anyone have suggestions on where I could begin to take tying classes?

Some of the fly shops in the area may have classes. You can try French Creek Outfitters in Phoenixville, Anglers Pro Shop in Souderton, A Sporting Lifestyle in Allentown or Mainstream Outfitters in Doylestown.

Thanks CLS, so far only mainstream has them, dates to be posted soon on their site I was told when I called, I'll be sure to post them up here when I see them in case anyone else is interested.

A Sporting Lifestyle in Allentown has classes going on right now. I am in the beginners course. If you call you can ask for Gene, he is the guy teaching the course. It is only one week in.

The LL Bean has a free class every Tuesday night at 6pm, its 26 weeks total and will give you alot to work with.

Free materials, just bring tools.

Its, I think, 3 or 4 weeks in, but nothing that you can't pick up quickly.

Allentown and saucon valley (thats where LL bean is right?) are a bit too far for me. I'm waiting to see what Mainstream outfitters has to offer, thanks again guys

timmyt,
French Creek does offer classes. I took them a few years ago. Jack may be busy right now but he usually teaches a beginners class for a few weeks a year. Did you call them and ask when the next class will be? If you did call and some one said they were not, you might want to call back and ask for Jack M. in fishing. He might have something planned that the person answering the phone didn't know about.

Souderton School District has adult education classes in fly tying starting in Feb., I think. Taught by a local guide, pretty good for the money. You would have to call the dist. to get info.

flinger, I just looked on their website and saw nothing in the fly fishing section, I will call and ask as well and report back, thanks for the heads up!

timmyt,
Hopefully for you, Jack will be teaching classes soon. He is a heck of a teacher and tyer. I've learned a lot from him. If you can't reach him at the shop, let me know and I'll call him at home for you.

Back