Fly tying class in Saucon Valley/Center Valley

gfen

gfen

Wanted to post a heads-up for people out there. The LL Bean store in Saucon Valley offers a free 26 week fly tying course designed to take you from the simplest flies through more and more complex patterns and techniques.

The cost is free, and they will even provide materials. You are required to provide tools and thread, but that's about it. I've actually gone through the class already, and have really learned alot.

The class begins December 8th, and runs every Tuesday evening from 6pm until around 8 (depending on the patterns, usually two a night). If you've never tied before this is a great way to start, and while the Bean store doesn't have alot of materials, they can provide you with the basic tools and a vise that you would need to start if you have nothing.

This is a great opportunity if you're in the area, I've already been through it and have learned an immense amount of things, and as such pretty much use my own ties exclusively now.

Thanks for the headsup on the class. It sounds like it would be a neat thing to pop in on and see what they are tying.

Just another reminder for those of you in the Lehigh Valley and looking to learn, the cycle starts this Tuesday, and its informal so just show up if you're interested.

Back