Fly Tyer Magazine

RCFetter

RCFetter

The subscription for 1 yr: 4 issues print + tablet is $25 Tablet only is $12.

Is this magazine, print and or tablet, worthwhile? Any opinions appreciated.

I have a subscription to it and I love it. It has a lot of good articles on tying certain patterns as well as talking about tying materials, vices, tools, etc. Also it has a section where readers can send in pics of their own "variations" with their recipes. I've found a lot of new, cool flies from it. Price is a little high, but the magazine is worth it, IMO.

I have long liked Fly Tyer magazine.

However, last year I sent them a manuscript for possible publication and they didn't even have the courtesy to send me a rejection letter.
Not sure I'll continue to subscribe (probably will).

I have been getting for years and will continue to do so. I have been tying for 35 years and still learn new things from this magazine. I would much rather pay $25 for 4 issues for something worthwhile than pay $12 for 12 issues of junk.

Manuscripts sent to them can take a long time to get a rejection letter or acceptance letter.

Sometimes the best way is to query the editor to find out if your article is what they are looking for.

Many years ago I sent them an article it was kept for over a year before they rejected it.

Jerry Coviello

Back