Fly Trap

MD_Gene

MD_Gene

I have a fly trap on my vest. It has the ripple patch inside but has a door to keep flies from falling off. I am looking for another one but can't find them anywhere. Anyone see them? They are black, vented, and great for keeping flies in place and reducing the risk of them. I checked the Feathered Hook, Bass Pro, Cabela's - zip.

Hi,

I was at the Sporting Gentleman in Media and they had some. I was thinking it was such a good idea. But they definitely had some.

Judy

Gene,

I own a "Fly Trap" also and use it mostly for tricos. Holds enough of them to last a season or two. It was made by Waterworks Lamson, but it's no longer listed on their website store, but here's a link to the info page...http://www.waterworks-lamson.com/flytrap.html

As a possible alternative, may I suggest taking a look at the Stream Works Chest Fly Holder http://www.streamworks.com/store-detail.asp?id=47&ct=19 I haven't tried one, but the concept is the same.

Orvis also used to make a version using a foam box with a magnetic closure, and bottom section (the part that flips down) was magnetic to catch any loose flies.

Good luck in your search.

peace-tony c.

I own the Stream Works model, which works fine until you get lazy and just sort of open it up and drop 'em in and then, inevitably, knock it open.

It came from Cabela's.

gene_cyprych wrote:
I have a fly trap on my vest. It has the ripple patch inside but has a door to keep flies from falling off. I am looking for another one but can't find them anywhere. Anyone see them? They are black, vented, and great for keeping flies in place and reducing the risk of them. I checked the Feathered Hook, Bass Pro, Cabela's - zip.

Gene

I have one I don't use anymore, your welcome to it, I'll sent it to you, if you want it!

PaulG

I tried the Orvis version but kept loosing the butterfly clutch. I just stick the flies on my shirt now.

Hmm, not sure what you'ns are talking about.... The one camp I used to fish out of in Tioga had a sign above the outhouse door "Fly Trap". I'm guess'n you guys are talking about something different??

Thanks Paul. Hopefully we can link up in Hemlock Acres soon. I was planning on calling you late next week to talk to you and see how your procedure went. We can talk then.

Thanks Paul. Hopefully we can link up in Hemlock Acres soon. I was planning on calling you late next week to talk to you and see how your procedure went. We can talk then.

Bringing this thread back to life because my "fly trap" from Streamworks broke. It was decent, though I did lose flies out of it occasionally because the magnet was weak. Once replaced, I like it better but am curious if there are other types out there that people like.

I am looking for one that will help the flies to dry and closes so they are protected from the wind (or from accidentally knocking a fly off).

Any suggestions would be great; thanks ahead of time!

TC

C&F makes something similar. I think they call it a chest patch.

jesus. someone dug this out of the depths.

since this is 4 years old, eventually the foam got all tore up, so i ripped it all out and used thin magnets on both sides. now i can just drop things in w/o giving a crap.

or, would if i still fished.

Back