FLY SWAP with an opening!

WWKimba

WWKimba

Fly swaps are a great way to develop your tying skills. I have a Post Pattern Swap that needs at least one more member to hold the swap - it has 5 and I do not hold for less than 6 members. A post pattern is simply a dry/emerger type pattern that has a post sticking up from the hook shank so it is easier for the fisher to see on the water, many use a parachute hackle - one that is tied around the post instead of the hook shank. It would be a nice swap for a newer tyer to join - it's small and there are a lot of nice, easy patterns you can choose from to tie. You can also build your fly pattern database while having the flies to "test drive" on the water!

My swaps are open to all level tyers and I give out free fly-tying gifts to all my swap members. Also, I will be happy to help out any newer tyers by providing some pattern suggestions, giving hints/tips/tricks on how to tie your pattern choice, and feedback on your ties including where you did well and steps you can take to improve.

Let me know if you have any questions and we'd love to see you join in. Oh, and fly swaps are FUN! I've been hosting them for 11+ years, tying flies for over 50 years, and was a paid skill instructor with the Red Cross with 20 year's experience.

Kim

BTW, this swap is only taking registrations until 10/26.

Back