Fly Starter Kit

L_soult

L_soult

I've been around a few fellow Ff'ermen in the last year. They all have a box full of flies. I could see myself filling up a box @.99 a fly. But I'd rather get everything in one or two purchases at a bulk price.
I was hoping someone could turn me on to a "lot" or a couple different "lots" online at a good price?

Might be worth checking out The Fly Stop online. Most of the common trout flies are $0.75 or less, even a lot of streamers. I've ordered from them several times...quick orders, good service, and pretty good quality...they catch plenty of fish and hold up reasonably well. Definitely good for building up your stock.

Best part is there is no minimum for each fly, so you can completely customize your order. Even the bulk kit type deals from Cabelas or BPS can't beat $0.75 (or less) per fly...and with those you may pay for a bunch of flies you don't want or need.

What Swattie said.

I bought a few assortments to get myself started, only to find out they have next to nothing useful for my streams...

Not likely to use a size 8 black stonefly on Valley Creek :)

I would find out what you need for your area and time of year, and have also had great service and quality (esp for the $) from The Fly Stop.

i'd also check out the fly shack for dries, streamers etc. they also have specific assortments - 12 for $7.99, adams. midges, ants etc

Back