Fly Rod Found!

D

dryflyguy

On Clarion River at Johnsonburg access lot
It was in middle of road - I almost ran it over.
Nothin is broke
If it's yours, please pm with brand name
And I'll get it back to you
Found today 4/17/17

Kudos for the report! Hope the "loser" is a member ????

Could be. Many of the members are "losers." ;-)

just kidding ... and bumping the thread.

Or perhaps a friend of the owner browses this site.
Thought it would be worth a shot anyway

Oh, that's where I left my Orvis Helios rig. Thanks dfg...I'll send you a PM with where to send it. ;-)

Hope its owner turns up. More than once I've seen it work around here.

I once left just the tip section of a fly rod on the roof of my SUV. A cooler had leaked all over the inside of the SUV and I unloaded everything to dry it out. When loading everything back in, I missed the rod tip. It was a very cheap rod, so I was almost disappointed that it didn't blow off. I had to find a different excuse to buy a better one. ;-)

Hopefully it is claimed by the owner. I lost a nice Orvis rod with Ross real in the Penns Creek area that I never found. Hope someone picked it up and put it to use. If not keep your eyes open when you drive the nearby roads. Find it, it's yours.

I've been contacted by the rods owner, and we should make arrangements shortly

A big shout out to Dave Kile for providing the medium to do things like this!

Tips I break off, Flies I lose, Waders get punctured, knock on graphite that I have not lost a fly rod yet.

(I don't have any bamboo)

That's great that you were able to find the owner (and great that the owner will be reunited with the rod)

Awesome! Great to hear happy endings like this. Now, if anyone finds any sanity out there, I seem to have lost mine.

Wish some nice guy like you had found my Sage 9' #5 Flight with the Lamson Litespeed and Orvis Hydros line that I stupidly left on top of my car on the WB and drove away and handed it in to one of the local fly shops.

I never put anything on the car roof. When temporarily stowing rods, gear, etc., I put the goodies on the windshield or hood. Whatever else happens, I likely won't drive very far without noticing.

Good policy, especially if you drive an SUV with a luggage rack.

I've lost a couple things that way, but fortunately the most valuable thing was likely just a travel mug.

The other day I heard on the radio where someone found a bag full of cash along a road. $14,000! He turned it in to the police to demonstrate to his son what is right and wrong. Police turned it over to the rightful owner.

Apparently some guy went to buy a car, then decided not to buy it and drove away with the sack of cash on his roof.

Things like that, and what Dryflyguy did, restore my faith in humanity. Dryflyguy, if we ever meet, I'm buying. Mark it down.

dryflyguy wrote:
I've been contacted by the rods owner, and we should make arrangements shortly

A big shout out to Dave Kile for providing the medium to do things like this!

Hear! Hear!

I'll have to look around more closely Franklin

DFG- Well done! You certainly will have good luck this season!!

Well how about that!

Excellent tale of lost and found.

Nice job dfg I also sent you a pm

Back