Fly Request for PA Rivers Conservation & Fly Fishing Youth Camp

jdaddy

jdaddy

The PA Rivers Conservation & Fly Fishing Youth Camp will be held June 17-22, 2012. It is hosted by the Cumberland Valley Chapter of Trout Unlimited & held at the Allenberry Resort on the Yellow Breeches in Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania.

The Tulpehocken Chapter Trout unlimited will again be involved in sponsoring an individual for this year's Rivers Conservation camp. In addition to sponsoring a student, the camp is in need of flies for their students. The camp will hold a maximum of 32 students.
The camp is seeking fly donations for the youth.
Ideally, we would like a member to tie 32 or 16 of the pattern(s) of their choice. Below is the suggested list of patterns needed but if you have a pattern you would rather tie, go for it.
Please contact me via PM so can keep track of who will be tying what patterns.

Your help with this is greatly appreciated.

I would like any patterns tied back to me by the end of April to I can deliver them to the coordinator.

For more information on rivers conservation camp, go to http://www.riverscamp.com.

Below is a list of suggested patterns:

hares ear nymph
pheasant tail nymph
BH pheasant tail nymph
prince nymph
tan sparkle pupa
green sparkle pupa
peacock soft hackle
yellow & partridge soft hackle
caddis larva
green weenie
honey bug - done
Walt's worm - done
zebra midge
copper john
San Juan worm - done
sucker spawn
wooley bugger
muddler
ant
winged ant
beetle
inch worm
light Cahill
parachute light Cahill
tan elk hair caddis
tan x-caddis
adams
parachute Adams
Griffith's gnat
blue wing olive
trico.

I would just like to say, that maybe an excess of green weenies (BH or not) would be a good idea, along with san juans using the same chenille. I attended the camp last year and for 3/5 of the camp that is what slayed them. Just saying...

I live close enough to help with anything needed. Possibly help with donating flies will get back to you via pm

hares ear nymph - lv2nymph
pheasant tail nymph - FYF OT Community
BH pheasant tail nymph
prince nymph
tan sparkle pupa
green sparkle pupa
peacock soft hackle
yellow & partridge soft hackle - FYF OT Community
caddis larva - FYF OT Community
green weenie
honey bug - FYF OT Community (32 x 3)
Walt's worm - FYF OT Communityzebra
midge - whheff
copper john
San Juan worm - FYF OT Community (32 x 3)
sucker spawn
wooley bugger
muddler
ant - FYF OT Community
winged ant
beetle
inch worm
light Cahill
parachute light Cahill
tan elk hair caddis
tan x-caddis
adams
parachute Adams
Griffith's gnat
blue wing olive
trico.

gaeronf wrote:
I would just like to say, that maybe an excess of green weenies (BH or not) would be a good idea, along with san juans using the same chenille. I attended the camp last year and for 3/5 of the camp that is what slayed them. Just saying...

San Juans in standard red? I was going to do 32 smaller pink and 32 "normal" red, but if 3 x 32 standard was preferred that is certainly the way i will go. Also tripled to 3 x 32 honeybug which is very close to green weenie.

Yes I can do that

The san juans were in chartreuse, the same chenille used for the weenies. That was just our experience last year. who knows, this year it could be something different.

This is a great event for the kids. I usual go over a couple of time ever year just to watch. The staff they have do a great job with the kids,

If you can help, please do!

PaulG

Count me in for 32 #14 Japenese beetles... Or let me know if you want just a black foam beetle.

Jdaddy made aware via FYF but for those still looking I got the Griffiths Gnats. X32

And I have the sucker spawns

hares ear nymph - lv2nymph
pheasant tail nymph - FYF OT Community
BH pheasant tail nymph - Foxgap239
prince nymph
tan sparkle pupa
green sparkle pupa
peacock soft hackle
yellow & partridge soft hackle - FYF OT Community
caddis larva - FYF OT Community & frequenttyer
green weenie- FYF OT Community
honey bug - FYF OT Community (32 x 3)
Walt's worm - FYF OT Community
zebra midge - whheff
copper john - FYF OT Community
San Juan worm - FYF OT Community (32 x 3)
sucker spawn - FYF OT Community
wooley bugger - FYF OT Community
muddler
ant - FYF OT Community
winged ant
beetle - frequenttyer & gmiller
inch worm
light Cahill
parachute light Cahill
tan elk hair caddis
tan x-caddis
adams
parachute Adams
Griffith's gnat - FYF OT Community
blue wing olive
trico.

I want to get in on this by tying the ultimate fly that outs the fear of GOD in to all tiers.

Thats right you young hipsters all cowered away from the elusive "GREENIE WEENIE" I however will step up to the challenge, despite my flaming arthritis and show you young punks how its done.

Try to keep up.

this reminds me of when we all went to Johnstown to help fill sand bags for the flood... that was a real youth movement!

Occupy JTown for the hipsters

We had our 2011 sponsored youth report on his time at the Youth Camp at our meeting on Weds night. Apparently they have a "contest" for numbers of fish caught. He reported that for the first days he slayed them on Green Weenies. then he told everyone about his secret fly and they stopped working.

He also mentioned that the winner of the "contest" was a kid who "lived on a class A stream" and caught 20 fish a day.

Gaeron, is that you or do yo remember that guy? Our sponsored youth was Nikko. Do you remember him?

Please put me down for 32 BWO's. Size please?

I'll do the prince nymph's.

Maurice wrote:
We had our 2011 sponsored youth report on his time at the Youth Camp at our meeting on Weds night. Apparently they have a "contest" for numbers of fish caught. He reported that for the first days he slayed them on Green Weenies. then he told everyone about his secret fly and they stopped working.

He also mentioned that the winner of the "contest" was a kid who "lived on a class A stream" and caught 20 fish a day.

Gaeron, is that you or do yo remember that guy? Our sponsored youth was Nikko. Do you remember him?

That most certainly wasn't me. I remember Nikko, he was an awesome kid. I do remember the kid, but forget his name, of the winner. He had gone to the Youth USA FF clinics and stuff, but he would catch fish after fish. Most times more than 20 fish a day. It was truly incredible.

Put me down for 32 elk hair caddis. If that slot is still open. what size do you prefer ?

Back