Fly Pattern

Chetty82

Chetty82

Cant figure out what this pattern is thought maybe it was a sulfur. And I do apologize if I am asking to many questions.Just let em know and I will slow down.

Looks like a sulphur or cahill comparadun.

Keep asking. You can never ask too much.

It looks like a sulphur or cahill with out the hackle.

Going to Raystown fishing and hunting to get some flies that i might need for this weekend would go to spruce creek outfitters bbut raystown is closer by like 25 min and they are 41 cents cheaper but they might not be as good as a quality

On a closer look.... it lookes light pink, which would make it a light hendrickson. It does look like deer hair for a wing, which would make is a comparadun, but I don't think it would float up-right through -- the wing it too sparse and not flared enough.

BTW, is that a howling wolf in the backgroud?

Yes mkern it is its actually its a lamp

If the wing is CDC (feather from a duck's behind--floats well due to the natural oils) then the sparse wing should keep it afloat. I usually tie in more of the CDC than this one though. Unfortunately CDC is expensive, I don't use it a lot.

This is what is behind the fly mkern

Is that your tying desk?

Yes that is my desk I love the wolves.

Did you see they were removed from the ESA and ID and MT will begin hunting them again... in the fall, I believe.

I have a buddy who did all the filming when the wolves were reintroduced...

Thats just wonderful they are awesome creatures I thought getting the permits to own one but I dont know about right now no money and no resources

When I was a kid, we had a shepard wolf mix. Best dog I ever had. Died prematuraly, at 5, with cancer; maxed out at 115 lbs.

I thought about getting the permits for keeping one. Dont really know what is invloved but I dont own my own place yet. But when I do there will be a wolf in the yard with the fence and all that. If not preferably a hybrid cause they are a just as beautiful as the real thing.

Off subject of the original post (I think it is way too light for a sulpher) there is a very nice wolf preserve, in of all places, New Jersey. This is in Blairstown, 10-15 minutes from the Delaware water gap. Very nice place for a day trip.

http://www.lakotawolf.com/

Penns cave has wolves as well want to go there this summer

We got our wolf shep mix from the SPCA. No permit needed just treated like a normal family pet.
There were 2 of them, one with a hind leg problem, and the runt. We took the runt and 115 lbs. later.......

Lititz has a wolf sanctuary. Just south of the turnpike, between Brickerville and Lititz near Speedwell Forge.
http://www.wolfsancpa.com/

Seeing or even just hearing wild wolves has been an ambition of mine since we started seeing and hearing coyotes around the state.

Back