fly lines

rudeone

rudeone

Looking for some new fly lines for my 3 and 4 wt rods, any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Read 3 topics down. I started a thread about fly lines earlier today. It has some good info

The other thread's a good one.

Oh, and obligatory:

2a8kq2q.gif

:p

You don't even need to search for the other thread.. its like 3 threads down from this one, lol

I just like that gif.

Its a shame there isnt a gif I could post showing me right clicking and saving that gif haha

rudeone..........i like cortland lines in the lighter weights 3-4 they seem to have the idea right. UHHHH what's a gif?

Animated gif. its a moving picture more or less lol

osprey wrote:
rudeone..........i like cortland lines in the lighter weights 3-4 they seem to have the idea right. UHHHH what's a gif?

Its like peanut butter, but with a G. Unless you're in-the-know, then its not like peanut butter, its a gif.

Anyone using that Selective Trout by Rio? It has been discontinued but I have seen it on sale both on Ebay and other various online fly shops. A friend of mine recommended it but he doesn't have kids to feed like I do.

Osprey, is there a specific line by Cortland that you prefer?

Thanks,

Rudeone

I have Selective Trout on my small stream rod and have been pleased with it, but then again I prefer Rio lines too others I've used. "

Trout LT is the new equivalent to the Selective Trout line, the description should be fairly similar. This is supposed to be "better" suited for more technical fishing from the description here.

I have heard nothing but great things about line from Hook & Hackle's Hi Floater , especially since it's $25 right now. I also see that they have a new version coming. Rise is the name of their new line forthcoming. I know there is a contingency who uses it, and I believe it may be made by Cortland? Those who use it can comment further and maybe chime in on who the manufacuturer is.

Can't go wrong with that rio line, I have one and it's been good to me!

PaulG

I saw several nice lines in the bargain cave at Cabelas yesterday.

Back