fly id/source

k-bob

k-bob

I bought these light (but still sinking), flashy little flies to use as droppers in winter brookie fishing at the NJ fly fishing show. They work well and arent too bad to cast even with an overlined 3wt rod... but now I am down to my last one. Anyone know name of or source for these things? I think they are good, high flash/weight ratio :) thanks

Attachments

• 8261210936_bac18a41c2_b.jpg
    8261210936_bac18a41c2_b.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 14
Bob - It's a little tough to tell exactly what the pattern is from the picture, but if you bring it to the tying jam, I'm sure we can duplicate it for you.

No fears, we gotcha covered.

thanks I will do that... it might just be something made up, not really standard.

it looks like just krystal flash tail, opal tinsel, red wire ribbing, rubber legs and dubbed thorax and red bead head. Never seen it before but looks simple enough.

plus some clear plastic lens over tinsel and wire that adds flash?

image shows clear plastic stuff

Attachments

• 8261105759_3fc23bd3ac_c.jpg
    8261105759_3fc23bd3ac_c.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 5
Here's the recipe, as I see it:

hook - Daiichi 1270, Tiemco 200R sz 18 or 20
tails - Pearl Sulky
abdomen - green Bill's Body Braid
rib - fine copper wire
shellback - pearl Magic Shrimp Foil
legs - xsmall black rubber (looks kinda dark grey)
thorax - Jack's Rainbow Scud (light)
bead - rootbeer glass bead

Don't be misled by the small hook sizes - they're 3X long.

This is easy, Bob. I just have to get the green body braid. I could do it with dubbing, but it looks like that braid to me.

Thought I'd crank one out with dubbing for the abdomen...

Attachments

• KB1.jpg
    KB1.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 5
  • kb2.jpg
    kb2.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 2
Thanks HA, I originally thought it was all crystal flash.

that's scary! I will start tying flies about when you see me cooking on Iron Chef. I wouldn't know how to get the glass bead over the eye of the hook :)

nice fly ed

Nice. Put a proper hackle on that and I would fish it.

I love Jacks rainbow dubbing. Greatest sow and cress bug dubbing I have used. Dubbing on the hook FTW!

Back