Fly fishing northwest PA.

jreichel

jreichel

I'm looking for new friends to share info and possibly fishing trips in the northwest Pennsylvania area. I've been out of the sport for about four years and would like to get back into it. The only one I know that fly fishes is my wife and she seems to have lost intrest. I prefer small to mid size streams and am strictly catch and release. I'm also a pretty good bass fisherman and would be willing to share info and outings for bass. E-mail me at jreichel@alltel.net.

Thanks
Jeff

No need to PM about this.
You have fantastic steelhead fishing at Erie that lasts from ice out until the weather gets hot - usually about mid May.
As for trout fishing, Oil Creek is the best in that area IMO.
It has fantastic hatches in spring, but the water does get marginal in the summer.
No secrets about any of this fishing

Look for mill creek near Strattenville. I used to fish there when I was in college. Theres some natives wayyy upstream but it holds stocked trout all year. Also Tionesta creek, Cathers Run and the Clarion below the dam. No secrets there, just some good well known streams to try.

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking about a trip to Minister creek in May. Hope the fish are biteing and the crowds are small!
Thanks again.

Back