float tube fins

skiltonian

skiltonian

so squaretail had a float tube, gave it to lou, and now I got it, still in original box. With my old tube, that I blew up using the air pump at the gas station, I used scuba fins that worked great with bare feet, but too tight with waders on. Looking for input on what fins everyone likes / dislikes / recommendations to use with waders &/or wading boots. Will i regret going cheap and should I spent the extra money for the higher priced ones. If anyone has any available - I'm interested.

Thanks.

Dear skilltonian,

On the cheap the Caddis fins are the best. They will fit over waders, or cement shoes for that matter, and they provide good push for about $ 30.00. Just get a pair of 72" sneaker laces and replace the ones that come on them and you'll never lose one. I still have the ones I got in 1991.

On the high side Force Fins work great but you really need to be careful as to whch pair you buy. The fully adjustable ones will fit everyone over waders or wading shoes but many of them that are size specific don't fit worth a crap even if you buy what seems to be the correct size. The "right" ones run about $ 150.00 so get tethers for them too!

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Back