Flies

FlyMaster99

FlyMaster99

What are your most used flies and flies that you catch the most flies on.

Usual tied in different sizes and colors, Caddis - several different styles and colors.

I catch the most fish on a Royal Wulff. Seriously!!

I once fished for 7 months with only a royal wulff on the end of my line, it gives meaning to a one fly contest.
Last week on a DH area up north I caught a bunch of brookies with the same fly.

Chaz wrote:
I once fished for 7 months with only a royal wulff on the end of my line, it gives meaning to a one fly contest.
Last week on a DH area up north I caught a bunch of brookies with the same fly.

How did you do? I would bet you caught a whole bunch of fish.

#12 Taps NearEnuff, #14 Ausable Wulff and a #16 Yellow Adams are neck to neck in my box.

If I had to limit myself to only a few patterns to fish for a given year...my fly box would include the following:

Stimulators, yellow, size 14: Good for caddis, hoppers, and general attractors. Deadly on wild brookies.

Wooly Buggers, black & white, size 10: There's nothing in the state that won't eat a bugger...this size & color(s) can convince anything from trout to bass, panfish, carp, etc. Drift or strip.

Parachute Adams, size 14: all purpose dry/emerger that can take fish reasonably well in the majority of hatches I encounter. Absolutely the perfect fly for the iso hatches I love, too.

Griffiths Gnat, size 20: Mid-summer dry for picky trout in low, clear water.

Clouser, Chart/White, size 6: Excellent all-purpose streamer for large fish...trout, bass, walleye...even carp.

Back