FLATULENCE!!

Nymph-wristed

Nymph-wristed

You fly tiers are soft. Back when legends like Chauncy K. Lively and I tied, we hunted for our fur and feather. I let half the rabbits pass before I shot the best one right in the eye so as not to mess up the fur.

I used to be able to take the tail off a pheasant with a stick bow and not kill the bird. Shame on you who buy fly tying materials! They are all from China! MFFGA!

You used a shotgun and bow? Candyass. We used to run them down and catch em with our hands. Still do. ;?}

And I'll bet both you guys had to walk 5 miles to school. Uphill both ways - right?

Did you ever see a tail-less squirrel in your neighborhood? Never knew what hit them!????

I just tie a chicken on a 14/0 hook : fly fishing for sharks. GG

Ran them down? You guys must have had shoes for that. We just ran barefoot in the winter to get our grey and red fox fur. Those little critters bite hard too!!

Not only did you walk to school you carried a shotgun so you could hunt supper up on the way home.lol

I'm old enough to remember buying eggs and once in awhile getting a double yolker. Now extra large eggs look like Robin eggs.

For the price of premium hackle you could of bought a chicken farm in those days.

Chauncy passed away in 2000, at age 81. A true legend!

My theory is. You are very old now or you were very young tying with Chauncy. What ever it was is great by me.

Kind of makes me feel I am getting someplace here!

Shoot em in the eye, knock their tails off, stick em with a knife and throw the hatchet and kill em dead!

No doubt in my mind, "this is a true example of", YOUTH AND SPEED!

Guess who!

Nymph-wristed wrote:
You fly tiers are soft. Back when legends like Chauncy K. Lively and I tied, we hunted for our fur and feather. I let half the rabbits pass before I shot the best one right in the eye so as not to mess up the fur.

I used to be able to take the tail off a pheasant with a stick bow and not kill the bird. Shame on you who buy fly tying materials! They are all from China! MFFGA!

Where are you finding pheasants, grouse, and quail these days? Also fewer and fewer places to hunt. About the only thing in abundance are squirrels.

This is a great post filled with satire right here, methinks. Good post nymph-wristed.

In the spirit of this thread...

1. Shouldn't this thread be in the fly tying section?

2. "I just tie a chicken on a 14/0 hook : fly fishing for sharks. GG"
You, sir, are bait fishing! Just because your bait has feathers, that doesn't mean you are fly fishing!

3. "Ran them down? You guys must have had shoes for that. We just ran barefoot in the winter to get our grey and red fox fur. Those little critters bite hard too!!"
Fly tying material procurement, native american style. That's old school. Nice!

4. The feral neighborhood cats are my fly tying materials procurement force.

I stahl the on my hands and knees.

Maxi, is that you?

Wait a minute, I was using a 25 wt, Truetemper steel rod with the appropriate line and leader. Dapping as a technique. Just because there was remnant chicken flesh on the feathers was considered by the IGLALFA to be "tipping" the hook. No feathers were ruffled in this story. GG

I don't want any Americans killing American animals just for fur and feathers. Having China provide those materials is alright by me.
Fish can't tell the difference.

Nope its not Max...We can understand this topic :-D

I understand the Chinese materials are too buoyant, so now we have to put metal beads on all our flies?????

Besides, aren't pheasants originally from China anyway??

:p :p

Pheasants are an extinct species. Hunted into extinction in the late 60's early 70's for use in the pheasant tail fly by 2 British poachers named Sawyer and Skues. The fly has been so prolific and successful that states like PA have to stock a strain of trout called triploid to keep the sport appealing for those who fish marginal waters and kill fish. Without them the sport will die just like the pheasant. Luckily the fly has been replaced by the green weenie, mop fly and squirmy wormy and a triploid pheasant will soon inhabit the marginal farmlands of PA

Back