Fishpond backpack

mushumatt

mushumatt

I ave been using an old school backpack with a diy rod tube holder. But I am just starting to see the necessity to bringing a backpack and hiking far away from civilization. But I have been checking out the piney creek tech pack by FishPond. None of my local FF shops do not stock this particular bag and I dont want to bite the bullet and buy one. Does anyone have this or the tundra? And can you give me the pros and cons? I am not really worried about water resistance but more durability, accessibility to things. and room.

I have the fish pond wildhorse tech pack and I absolutely love it. I would give you some cons, but to be honest I don't think it has any. It is really light weight for as much as it can hold, and it is by far the most comfortable vest/pack I have ever tried. I don't think you could really go wrong with any fishpond product, and I can't see myself ever getting something different then the wild horse. Oh and it is just plain sweet looking.

The only con I can see is that the fishpond stuff looks like some kind of alien space suit. I think the quality is second to none, they just look too "high tech" for my liking.

I own the Arroyo, which is the smaller chestpack, so it's not exactly what you're talking about...but I LOVE it! My impression is that Fishpond makes very high quality products and they are very ergonomic and worth the extra money.

I own a fishpond chest pack and love it, which led me to look into fishpond. Thanks for the input I am going to go order one from my local shop.

Last spring, I bought the Double Haul. As others have said, the build quality is excellent. The backpack portion fits well (even on my short torso). The integrated chest pack is just big enough for a few boxes, a few essentials, and not much else. But the ability to add the backpack when needed was the clincher for me.

The only con with a chest/backpack set up is to remember that just because you CAN carry more stuff, it doesn't mean you SHOULD ;-)

Hope you enjoy your new pack.

peace-tony c.

Oh yeah, another con is trying to find a rain jacket that covers it all :-(

Back