Fishnbanjo - Sante L. Giulani has passed

L

lestrout

Those of you who share the passion for cane rods and smoking pipes will be saddened to learn Sante passed away two days ago. https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/sante-giuliani-obituary?pid=193186032&fbclid=IwAR2qwTHzMmABhnqOCEbgSUXjJP4bSiYBbFrVXKXPOueTjHCqwmVgje5rl1Y

He set up the wonderful resource for classic fly rods and posted beautiful pictures of his tremendous pipe collection. Sante was a truly generous gentleman who lived life to the fullest and I will miss casting and talking bamboo rods with him.

Sorry to hear this. He created a vital resource for those owning, or thinking about owning, split cane fly rods. I hope the high caliber of his forum persists. Here is the appreciation thread

Appreciation

I met him at the Somerset show years back. I think he was with Fred Ketchum, not sure. I enjoyed his insightful writings about cane casting characteristics and history. Did not know him personally, but he knew a lot about bamboo and formed a strong fellowship within the community. His graciousness and character conversed by friends are almost legendary. RIP Sante.

That GoatRoper was my friend for over twenty years. We fished together, we drank together we traveled together. Hell our dogs, Levi and Buddy even had a conference call with each other over Skype. I was constantly on him about how he couldn’t sing and the more I teased him about it, the more he sang and even louder. Sante was special. I miss my friend……..

Back