Fishing

gfoledc

gfoledc

About 40 years ago I was traveling a lot for work always took a rod with me and caught fish in a lot of places.i decided I would try to catch a fish in every State. Yesterday while driving to Montana we stopped in North Dakota and caught a catfish. That makes 46 States.
Only Washington, Oregon, Alaska and Oklahoma left

Did you do this w/ a fly rod, or all tackle?

Andy when I have time a fly rod when I am passing through anything goes

Awesome Roger! Good luck in getting those last four states!

That's cool

Very impressive! Keep up the good work.
As a kid when I went to my grandparents I'd stand in front of an illustrated "big game fish of North America" map. There were all kinds of things around the house for a young kid to break so I'd stand in the garage in front of this map and go on imaginary fishing trips. My grandparents have now since passed but the picture hangs proudly in my house. My fishing bucket list is to catch each of the species that frame the map. Not sure what I'm gonna do about that sawfish;)

Just read the common curtesy thread, sorry for throwing my slumpbuster in your pool

well I've never been to OK, but shouldn't be hard to catch fish in those other three places. Quite a streak you have going there...

So Roger, was the cattie on the fly rod!? And got any plans to go to Alaska?

Andy catfish was on a fly rod with a nightcrawler on the other end Alaska is probably not in our budget

Yes but how many states have you shot a grouse in?

;-) ;-) ;-)

For what it's worth there is a trout stream in OK. It's a cool goal. I've caught trout in all the eastern states that have them, except SC. And trout in a bunch of other states out west. Looking to go to HI to catch a trout and ski in the same day. Next stop for me is Labrador.

Thanks Chas we are going to. Visit our son and his family in Texas over Thanksgiving going to head up to Ok while we there do you happen to know the name of that trout stream

Back