Fishing White Haven, Pa

A

Allmyne

How many folks fish White Haven PA area? I live in Barrington NJ, but have a cabin in White Haven and Cross Fork PA. Will be hitting White haven alot until I have more free time to travel to Cross Fork. Have fished a few time by philly wasn't to happy with it, I might have been trying the wrong areas.

there are definitely some good spots in the WH area. the Lehigh below the FE Walter Dam is a good starting point. check the Delorme Map for the tribs and consult the PF&BC website and you can figure some spots out. Also, for exact locations on the Lehigh i recommend stopping at the "evening hatch" off of 940 about a mile from the tolls. good guys there.

www.eveninghatch.com

jeff

Govt...

Thanks for the info only been fishing White Haven for the past year, found some nice spots but always looking. Evening Hatch has turned me on to a few nice places. Actually did fairly good with natives this year, around the area, that was a nice surprise.

Almyne,

Look in the Dwight Landis book for: Hickory Run, Mud Run, and Hawk Run in HRSP, and Black Creek just outside. Also, I like the Lehigh above the dam. Nescopeck Creek in the game lands fishes well, and just about every tributary of the Nesky has wild trout. That area alone would take months to explore.

Evening Hatch is good, as well as A&A Outfitters on Rt. 115 in Blakeslee for info and equipment. Good Luck

afish,,

Thanks for the info, been reading up on this area, had some success last year but in the most part was mostly scouting and not spending much time in spot. Was up this weekend had some more natives, one was 13". Will be fishing every other weekend if the weather permits.

Was up last couple of days working on the cabin, did some scouting on my free time. Can't wait for alittle warmer weather, need to get the line wet.

Fishing around White Haven, especially down around Tannery can be really good. As you go farther downstream it can get even better with the influx of cold trib water.

Be sure to check out the weekend releases for whitewater once we get into May. These generally run from midnight and end at noon. You can definitely fish the eve's after the releases...and the fishing can be really good, as the fish generally are looking up. It is tough to wade though when the water is gushing for the ww releases.

The Francis E. Walter Flow Management Plan 2007 Whitewater Release Schedule
May 12,13

May 26, 27

June 9,10

June 23, 24

July 7, 8

July 21, 22

August 4, 5

August 18, 19

September 1, 2

September 15, 16

September 29, 30

http://www.nap.usace.army.mil/Projects/FEWalter/index.htm

Yes I agree, found fishing is great after a release. Rainbow heaven! Got into the habit of fishing the feeder streams for the natives. We have a stream that runs behind the cabin which holds natives about a 100 yard walk to it. My daughter loves it a hook up with every cast. Spotted some large natives but they spook quick with a 6 yr old walking the banks LOL.

Back