Fishing trip from York Co to Little J and maybe Spruce Ck

smm717

smm717

I've never been up that way and looking for some decent stretches to get my 16yr off these 8" stocked trout down this way. I plugged Spruce Creek into the GPS and looks like the better stretches of the Little J run down into that section. I'm not trying to steal anybodys honeyhole or run. Just want to catch and release some nice trout. We fish mostly Lively Legz numphs and some red and black zebra nidges. Plan is to leave early Saturday morning and fish most of the day and either come home or possibly rent a room close to fish Sunday morning.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. PM's are welcomed.

From the gage chart I looked at it apoears the Little J is running good.

Thanks

There's the state forest lot just upstream (northwest) of the town of Barree. Trail along the right bank gives you access to the whole "Gorge" section. Can get busy on the weekends in the Spring time, but there's room to spread out.

There's some landowners further upstream near the mouth of Spruce that have been known to hassle anglers who aren't their specific guests. Probably don't need to risk that with your son around. Plenty of good fishing to be had in the Gorge section, without the risk of hassle IMO.

PM coming.

Stop in and talk to Allen at Spruce Creek Outfitters. He is very helpful.

Back