Fishing Movies

BrooksAndHooks

BrooksAndHooks

I'm trying to remember two movies about fishing I had seen in the past, but can't remember the name or a whole lot about them. While we are at it you can through in your favorite to the list to check out.

One is about a young man who goes fishing, lives in a cabin or something alone, and ends up teaching these neighbor kids to all fish or something. Was pretty good.

The other one has to do with this kids mom and dad who fished, one loved fly fishing, one loved spin fishing, and he met a famous fisherman one time and wrote newspaper articles about it or something I believe.

Any ideas please help me out! Google isn't helping much.

I remember seeing the one about the mom and dad. Theres got to be a list out there somewhere. Chances are i saw it on Netflix, doubt its still there though.

This link has a pretty good list of them
http://moldychum.typepad.com/moldy_chum/fly_fishing_films/

I think both your movie 1 and movie 2 are different parts of the same movie. The movie is titled "The River Why".

I think you might be right! Thanks Brookie. It was driving me nuts. I looked up a bunch of movie lists but couldn't find it. It rings a bell now that I read it.

Let's not forget "Man's Favorite Sport" with Rock Hudson and Paula Prentiss. ;-)

A classic.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zh0EYJEVwY

MD_Gene wrote:
Let's not forget "Man's Favorite Sport" with Rock Hudson and Paula Prentiss. ;-)

"Man's Favorite" and Rock Hudson... I'm not watching that. Hahaha!

Brooks, my useless knowledge has its advantages at times. I hate when I get questions like, "who was that?" or "what movie was that?" stuck in my head.

BrookieChaser wrote:
I think both your movie 1 and movie 2 are different parts of the same movie. The movie is titled "The River Why".

That was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. The only good thing was looking at the girl. I heard the book was good.

I have definitely seen worse movies, and didn't think it was that bad. It had fishing in it, so it was better than a lot of movies right?

BrookieChaser, it didn't seem to be "useless" in this case, I'm glad you knew! It was bugging me.

Back