Fishing Locations? I Don't Always Tell.....

MD_Gene

MD_Gene

.people where I fish... .

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 7
Happy to hear you enjoyed it. I know I did when a friend sent it to me.

Hahaha! I liked it too. Kind of reminded me of something that happened on my Facebook site. I'm pretty selective about who I "friend", and all my fly fishing friends are people I know personally so I don't worry too much about spot burning on my private wall. These guys know all the same streams anyway, no big deal. 98% of my other friends never picked up any kind of fishing rod in their lives, but they know enough about me to know that I can be tight lipped in public about locations.

So one day I got home from an outing and I posted some pictures. I titled it something like "Brookies from an Unnamed Trib". My one non-fishing friend said, "Dude aren't you going too far with this secrecy stuff!? Now you're listing streams as "unnamed tribs!" His mind was blown when I told him that no, the stream actually is listed by the state as an unnamed trib. He had no idea such things existed. He just assumed it was all part of the secrecy of fly fishing.

hate to admit this but a few years ago, I skimmed through the class A stream segments listings, and thought - wow, this UNT seems like a great little creek, never heard of it before though...

I keep a list of stream names I have fished. If I ever fished it, it's on the list.

I sorted them by name and "un-named trib" is a clear #1. hehe. "Laurel Run" is #2.

Well, I suppose that's ignoring "branches". For instance, there's a lot of West Branch of _____, east branch of ____, but _____ is different. I suppose you could say the same of "unnamed trib to _____".

My favorite branch name, though, is just "The Branch". Someone was really original when naming that one...

Bad attitude, but funny just the same.

Back