Fishing in Scranton area?

buggerfly

buggerfly

Will be visting friends south of Scranton over July 4. Don't know anything about fishing this area. Anyone have any ideas? Trout? Bass in the Sussy? Will only be there once. PM me with any thoughts. Thanks, Dan

I won't give you specific stream names in the area, there's just too many to name, but there are plenty of trout streams in the area. Just about every stream in the area has trout in it.

Dear buggerfly,

The Lackawanna River is a fine trout stream and not exactly a secret. I've fished it from the bridge in Olyphant upstream almost to the dam but for me the best fishing was between Archbald and Olyphant.

The Susquehanna should also be a good bet. I liked to fish it from the west shore above Wilkes-Barre near the old power substation. You can't miss it, it's a giant hulking brick building that is falling apart.

Even further up river is good too. You can access the river at the various boat launches.

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

what tim said bugger , i'd hit the lackawanna, the stretch from olyphant to archbald is trophy trout waters, about 5 miles total. the past two weeks i caught some real nice fish there. i don't know much about the streams south of scranton but i know a few other good ones north of scranton. let me know if you want specifics and i can email you.

Tim knows stuff. The Lackawanna is best bet in the area for trout. And the Susque is good for bass. If things stay low and warm, the bass fishing would probably be the better choice.

really depends on what your lookin for. i know plenty of trout streams up there. including a true gem that hardly anyone fishes about 5 minutes from the edge of scranton. isnt even on most maps. but that is a small stream with small trout. if you want something larger go to the lackawanna. the TT section is really good! i highly recommend it!

salvelinusfontinalis , where would that stream be at?? do you know the name of the town its in, i would love to try it sometime.

check your pm

We had a find trip and lots of fun visting, But no time for fishing. What a kicker. Anway, thanks to all for the pointers. Maybe the next trip will allow for more time to fish. Thanks, Dan

Back