Fishing in or near gettysburg

D

dryflyklesse

Going to gettysburg this weekend but have no idea where to fish. Anyone have any suggestions for for trout streams?

Go west into Michaux SF. Message me on FB if you need further info. You're not going to find a lot in the Gettysburg area; only as you get north and west of the borough. Adams County isn't really known as a trout fishing "hot spot". Fishidiot should also be able to provide additional locations.

Enjoy!

wgmiller wrote:
Go west into Michaux SF. Message me on FB if you need further info. You're not going to find a lot in the Gettysburg area; only as you get north and west of the borough. Adams County isn't really known as a trout fishing "hot spot". Fishidiot should also be able to provide additional locations.
Enjoy!

This sums it up.

Late summer around here is slim for trout. We've had a cooler and wetter summer than usual and there are some stockies still in the local ATWs but they're scarce and slender. If it were me, I'd head over to Franklin or Cumberland County. The limestone trout streams in those counties are within about 35-45 minutes drive from Gburg.

How about marsh creek?

dryflyklesse wrote:
How about marsh creek?

You can get into some smallies on Marsh this time of year, but trout will most likely be gone, especially after this hot streak we've been in. As has already been stated, head west or north. Michaux is a beautiful place to fish, and the drive to it is nice, too, coming from Gburg.

You can check out the special reg section of the Conewago to see if it still holds trout

It's been warm here at night and hot and muggy in the day for the past week. Like others have said I'd avoid the freestones. Early last week was looking like fall and I hit one freestoner to test it out...not bad but the temps are back up this week for sure. It's still spring creek season for me. Falling Spring, Big Spring, or Letort might be your best bet. I'm in Franklin County so I rarely go East but maybe Codorus in Hanover would be about the same distance as heading west. Not sure how it's fishing.

Back