Fishing in Clinton and Potter

GnarlyBeard

GnarlyBeard

Hey everyone I'll be up in the northern Clinton County and Southern Potter county this weekend and was wondering if there were any hot spot y'all can recommend checking out.

Honestly, those fish are probably spawning now. Not a good idea to be fishing for wild trout. Fish Pine Creek at Slate Run because Slate Run Tackle has kept it well stocked this Fall. The stockies are still okay to fish for.

^agreed. stay out of wild trout streams as much as possible

they are not spawning here yet, probably early November.

Fish for wild trout if you want, just don't fish over spawning fish. keep wading to a minimum. If you don't know what a redd looks like stay out of the water.

Bob that seems amazing to me. I believe you, but given the cooler summer, and the colors that the males were starting to take on a few weeks ago, I can't believe they aren't goin' at it right now.

It's a trend, call it what you want, but it's global climate change. In many streams I've seen the brookies spawning in November.

some of the males have been colored up since august squash, doesn't mean they are spawning yet. maybe with the wet COLD/SNOW/rain weekend this week it will change.

I know it doesn't mean they're spawning yet, but usually its a sign they's gettin' ready! We did get the jizz from one of the male browns a few weeks ago!

While I haven't checked lately, in years past we always felt that the vast majority of spawning activity of brown trout was over by the end of October on Slate and Cedar Runs and other mountain freestone streams. Brookies spawn a bit earlier that browns.

Back