Fishing Dry Flies for Trout on Rivers and Streams

Foxgap239

Foxgap239

The title of this thread is the title of a book by Art Lee. It is an older book but in my opinion it is the best and most helpful book I read as a beginner many years ago. I don't know Art (he may even have passed away) and I don't get a cut from its sales. I just thought I'd share that with any beginner's. Am I even allowed to suggest books on this board? I'm not new to fly fishing but I am new to this board and still learning do's and don'ts. If I'm not then please remove this thread and I'm sorry for posting it.

To the best of my knowledge, he's still alive and kicking.

Fox,
You can certainly recommend books, and other stuff, here on PAFF. In fact we encourage it (as long as you're not advertising your own stuff). Usually book reviews and discussion are done on the Book and Video forum.

I agree, Art Lee's book is excellent - I've had a well worn issue for over 20 years. Art does seem to have a lower profile these days - if he passed away I'm not aware of it (hope not!). His articles used to be a regular feature in Fly Fisherman and other mags back in the 80s/90s.

This thread was moved here from the Beginner's Forum.

I thought that I had probably read every dry fly book out there.
But I've never read - or even heard - of this book.

I did enjoy reading Art Lee's FF magazine articles though

Back