Fishing Creek in Goldsboro

scs_browntrout

scs_browntrout

Has anybody fished this area towards Goldsboro and a good place to park, the creek is listed as a stocked creek, it looks like most of the creek runs thru developments and under route 83 which I cant tell if there are good places to pull off and fish.

I agree it looks like a nice place for trout. I see it on my way to the lake.

June is a good month to go exploring.

Angling pressure drops on many trout streams as folks move on to bass fishing or other summer distractions. At the same time, there are often a lot of stocked trout still in local streams.

This year with stocking disrupted the places I expect to find a lot of fish have fluctuated a bit, but if you do the legwork you can find plenty of good fishing on stocked trout waters this time of year.

Yes indeed. Good info. I think though that the question is access. In this area that may be tricky. Lots of summering out-of-staters and well-to-do property owners.
SCS-Browntrout will need to do some legwork.

Yes indeed. Good info. I think though that the question is access. In this area that may be tricky. Lots of summering out-of-staters and well-to-do property owners.
SCS-Browntrout will need to do some legwork.

Thanks Guys, the legs are ready to go.

Aha, you got legs! mine are done-in and I'll look forward to hearing your report.

There is a small pull off at Valley and Pines Rd, but it gets hammered pretty hard. I'm also not sure how far up or down from there you can go, as I do not know if anything is posted. I'm not sure whether or not it would even hold trout year round, but I have seen some smallmouth and panfish in there (never bothered fishing it).

I pulled up there today not a sole was fishing it I sought out and found another place of fishing creek to explore. Thank you SteveG

Back