Fishing Books

A

atticus

Starting to downsize and was wondering if there is someone who buys and sells used books. For example, A Modern Dry-Fly Code or Poul Jorgensen's Favorite Flies.

You could sell them on the Swap Forum on here.

Or on Ebay.

Or on Craigslist, under either Books or Sporting Goods, if you are in an area with a lot of flyfishers.

I agree with t/bert. List them on the Swap Forum here, and I'd bet you will be able to sell them quickly at a fair price.

Used books don't bring that much money on eBay, I buy most of my books on there for 5 bucks or less. You may want to hang on to them to avoid re-buying later if you decide you missed that book.

I would suggest selling several books together in "a lot". There are some books that do sell better than others and I would just check on eBay to see values.

I would be interested to see what you have. I did send a PM to you about it. Thanks. Be safe!

I know this is a long shot.

But years ago, there was a fellow that had a business buying and selling used FF books.
I believe it was located somewhere in south central PA - maybe Carlisle?
And I seem to recall the name being "The Angler's Art", or something like that.
He used to advertise in FF magazines - (this was before the internet) And came to the PWWTU cabin fever show every year.

I bought quite a few books from him, several of which were long out of print and kinda rare.

Does anyone else recall this?
And might this possibly still be around?

By the way, a vendor still sells books at the Cabin fever show.
But I don't know the name, and if they buy used books

I don't know what he will pay or if he would be interested in your titles however, Bob Selb at the Classic Flyfisherman buys old books.

You might even be able to work out a trade for something else you want.

I believe I bought a bunch from him as well. 3 of Roderick Haig-Brown's Fisherman's Seasons. I still need the Spring if anyone has it.

DFG,

I think the Angler's Art closed down a number of years ago. I once traded him all of my Fly Fisherman and Trout magazines for 8 or 9 books. I now have a bunch of old mags again, but I think I'll let my heirs trash them -- or whatever.

I haven't bought a ff book for years, except for Gierach's latest collection. It is all right; at least the stories in it are fishing stories.

I probably ought to search places for old, now-expensive fishing books that I haven't read.

Anyhow, the Angler's Art is no more.

Back