Fisher Fly Rods

F

fisherboy3

Anyone know anything about these rods? I have a 9 ft 9 wt Fisher Presidential III rod that I never use, cant seem to find much info on them anywhere. Are they worth anything?

Kev

J. Kennedy Fisher was a western (CA/NV) rod maker who made a lot of blanks for other brands as well as for their own label. I think they've been out of business for 25 years now, possibly more.

J. Kennedy Fisher rods were pretty highly regarded in their day.

I have no idea if your rod is "worth anything". Probably to the right buyer... That's the way a lot of this stuff goes.

A little more history of the company: http://www.kiene.com/forums/showthread.php?26695-History-of-Fisher-rod-company

RLeep2 wrote:
J. Kennedy Fisher was a western (CA/NV) rod maker who made a lot of blanks for other brands as well as for their own label.

For example, Winston fiberglass rods were built on Fisher blanks, and I think some of their earlier carbon rods as well. As noted, they're pretty well regarded.

It's a decent rod. I think it was at one time fishers top of the line graphite saltwater rod. Fisher made very good fiberglass and graphite blanks. Their production rods aren't very fancy buy are good fishing tools. Winston, Scott, scientific anglers, and many smaller companies all sold rods built on Fisher blanks. Higher line weights sell for less money. I'd guess if you sold it you'd get between 100 to 150.

If you have any plans to use a 9 weight rod, I'd hold onto it. I'd rather fish that rod than most new rods in the $400 range. If I were in the market for 9 weight I'd consider that rod.

Alright thanks guys. I have no use for a 9 weight, trying to thin the heard. I got that rod from a buddy at a cheap price and never even used it.

Back