Fish with a newbie?

sipe

sipe

Hi guys,
I saw some other similar threads and hoped there might be someone in the York/Harrisburg/Adams area that might be willing to meet up with me (a newbie) and help to shorten the learning curve. I've just started into FFing but have trout/bait fished my entire life. I'd like to get some on-stream time with someone who could help me get going in the right direction. I hate to ask someone to devote a morning of fishing to helping a yahoo like me, but if someone is willing...

Anyway...the only thing I could trade is a "guided" trip to some marginal (at best) public land in MD for a slim chance at seeing a smallish whitetail deer at a distance too far for an archery shot.

thanks,
Matt

Hi Matt

I live in the Harrisburg area, if you ever get up this way, be glad to help you out.

PaulG

same as Paul - HBG area, familiar w/ most of the streams

im also in the area, not the smartest FF but would attend if you were in the area.

I have spent most of my time on Clarks and would love to meet up with one or several of you to do some fishing and hopefully steal some info. I'll likely be fishing Clarks or Stony on Sunday morning. Anyone interested in meeting up?

Matt,

what area of York do you reside? When are your free days to fish? I am sure we can get together down here at the Codorus or Muddy if you live far enough south to make it worth your while.

I live in Dover, and I am available to fish most weekends during the school year (I'm a teacher) and nearly anytime during the summer. I have a baby boy on the way in June, so that will cut into my stream time, but I'm sure I can find a few days...

I'm used to driving a lot for bowhunting, so traveling around central PA to fish is no big deal.

I live in York, near the Galleria Mall. I've been fly fishing and fly tying for fifty-two years. I work part time at a local Gander Mountain but if you PM me a few days in advance I might be able to get together with you to share some stream lore with you. I was planning to fish Clarks this Friday but something has come up. PM me if you just want to get together to ask me about FF.

Matt

possibly getting out there on clarks sunday morning. hopefully see ya out there

I'll be the guy hung up in the trees. Driving a silver GMC envoy with a deer carrier on hitch.

Back