First trout nymphing

J55tyger88

J55tyger88

Picked this guy up thos morning off a copper john, that I tied to boot! It just all came together on the stream, as I went into this trip to work on my drifting and depth of fly. I been missing out....

Attachments

• rps20130707_161455_397.jpg
    rps20130707_161455_397.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 16
J55tyger88 wrote:
Picked this guy up thos morning off a copper john, that I tied to boot! It just all came together on the stream, as I went into this trip to work on my drifting and depth of fly. I been missing out....

Great! Don't you just love when that happens! Good job.

"I love it when a plan comes together."

That's a seriously nice fish for your first on a nymph.

Congratulations on a job well done!

Yeah i was definately surprised! Lifted my rod and thought i was snagged, then thought oh dang thats a fish! Made my day...

Nice fish Tyger.

GenCon

Thanks guy!

Congrats Tyger. You're screwed now because getting back on the water will consume your thoughts! :-D

^ +1. I had a good Memorial Day weekend in NC PA and I am still consumed by the thought of returning before the end of a busy summer...

" Lifted my rod and thought i was snagged, then thought oh dang thats a fish! "

Yeah. That happens to me too... Now I just assume I have a fish instead of a snag.

Hey..... I told you that nymphing stuff works!!

Nice job.

Nice Fish!! Congrats!

my first nymphed fish was a brown also ha remember it like yesterday!!! that brown is what started my obsession haha good job tho

Just don't get too hooked by nymphing. I rarely fish the surface anymore even if there are risers, just not my thing.

Great job and welcome to tying. It is more addicting than flyfishing after a while. There is no better feeling that catching a trout on a fly you tied or created yourself. keep it up.

Thank you. I think this is why this sport is so alluring to me. All the new achievements you get after putting some time in. First trout, first on dry, streamer, nymphs etc...

Back