First Time posting fly pics

mcwillja

mcwillja

Hello everyone. I am a relatively new member and I recently posted some fish pics, now I got a new waterproof digital camera and I wanted to try and post some fly pics of some BWO's I recently tied. I've had trouble taking pics of flies before and wanted to give it another shot. All critiques are welcome. I'm a relatively new tyer as well.

Jason

Attachments

• IMGP0010_resize.JPG
    IMGP0010_resize.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMGP0012_resize.JPG
    IMGP0012_resize.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMGP0021_resize.JPG
    IMGP0021_resize.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMGP0023_resize.JPG
    IMGP0023_resize.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 3
Nice ties those should work just fine!

Thanks Alpa - I tied some cripples and comparaduns for dries also. I didn't want to post too many at one time.

CDC comparaduns? Post away man it's free site you can post whatever you want!

couple more

Attachments

• IMGP0028_resize.JPG
    IMGP0028_resize.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMGP0029_resize.JPG
    IMGP0029_resize.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 3
Awesome looking flies. I can tell you put a lot of effort into them.

Code:
CDC comparaduns?

Mostly comparadun deer hair. A few CDC also. I like to use CDC on my rabbit foots emergers pictured above as a collar.

Unfortunately I didn't take any pics of the comparaduns yet, I wasn't sure how any of the pics would turn out, so I didn't want to post very many.

Very nice flies!! You are doing a good job. Try to be consistant fly #1 should look like #21. Keep up the good work.

Ok - here is the CDC comparadun with biot body and antron shuck. I call it a sparkle dun. Also a pic of a cripple I've been working on.

Attachments

• IMGP0032_resize.JPG
    IMGP0032_resize.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMGP0030_resize.JPG
    IMGP0030_resize.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 2
Jason,

Here is a tip, use a flat colored backgtound behind your fly to make the fly stand out. As they are they are difficult to see and get lost in the background. You can use a an old manilla envelops with a piece of card stock in it or a piece os cloth draped over a box. Hope this helps.

Thanks Maurice. I will try that.

Very nice!

Thanks Jersey and everyone else for the feedback.

jason

Back