First Post! Excited about tomorrow in Emmaus.

Silversurfer

Silversurfer

Hello,

I stumbled across this forum while researching open day dates and locations. I instantly knew this was a fantastic place to rekindle my lifelong obsession with the reclusive fish. I have loved the idea of flyfishing since I was about 14, that's when I felt I needed something beyond spincasting or bait fishing- I'm not against them but being an artist myself I always loved the artistry and sporting nature of flyfishing. I got my first flyrod and reel combo at age 14- A Christmas gift from my guardian/Uncle. I would go out beyond our yard into the graveyard (lol) which was covered with snow to practice casting technique with a piece of yarn on the end of the tippet. I also dabbled in fly tying as an after school club activity.- so popular with the ladies!

I only got to actually fly fish a dozen times or less in the passing 30 years. I've fished a good deal in those 30 yrs but somehow it never seemed right for flyfishing and I worried that I would look like an idiot on the water making stupid mistakes.

I'm back now and I want the confidence to learn from generous people who love to teach without reserve.

This is the dressage of the fishing world and I want to be part of it again.

Welcome back & aboard SS. BTW awesome album I listen to it frequently. Saw him at Hammer jacks in Baltimore before they tore it down to build a stadium. Anyway, kinda looks like you're looking for some info. what cha got? Is that your painting in the avatar?

Welcome to the forum and u will have fun and learn a ton tomorrow.

Silversurfer wrote:
Hello,

I'm back now and I want the confidence to learn from generous people who love to teach without reserve.

This is the dressage of the fishing world and I want to be part of it again.

Welcome to the jungle!

And back to fly fishing.....

As to the dressage comment, you might rethink that after you meet some of us at the Jam. :)

djs12354 wrote:
As to the dressage comment, you might rethink that after you meet some of us at the Jam. :)

This. ^^^^^^^^

Don't let djs scare you. He doesn't dress like this all the time. :lol:

Attachments

• fashion statement.jpg
    fashion statement.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 4
Heritage-Angler wrote:
djs12354 wrote:

This. ^^^^^^^^

Don't let djs scare you. He doesn't dress like this all the time. :lol:

Just another Redneck Fly-Fisherman Wanna-be....... :lol:

That's classic.

Welcome (back) to fly fishing.

I like the dressage comment. I never thought about it that way. Though I have had two people, on different occasions, stop and watch me fish and comment on the artistry (not to give the false impression I'm any good at it).
I also laughed at the "so popular with the ladies" comment, because I just had a conversation the other night with a girl about fly tying.

Thanks RC....But you still have to sign u for the Newbie Swap. Post will go up sometime tomorrow after I get home from work.

Back