First Fish

Stagger_Lee

Stagger_Lee

Wild brk trout with VN there to enjoy

Great day at the fox jam.

Thanks much to the Fox, VN, and Heritage Anglr for helping me out today

Much appreciated

Awesome guy! Where are the pics??? Wish I was there for that one. We're you screaming like a girl? lol. I hope you many more guy. Great job.

Great Job, Stagger!

How did you make out with the rod?

Dog - With every tidbit of information he gets, you can see his confidence growing. He was getting great drifts by the end of the afternoon.

Stagger - I'm really proud of you, and I wish I would have been there for your first fish. Your skills are improving by leaps and bounds, and it's hard to believe you've only been doing this for a month, or so.

We're creating a fish catching monster. :-D

The fish was a beaut!

@ Delata Dog: I was with Volksnurse and I believe mrwisjker. I was as excited as an 8 ye old kid who just hit a HR for his team to end the game. High fivein, etc .. No pics as I left my phone in my car but it feels great to get that first one. Btwn telling my wife and our friends last night you would've thought I was 16 years old and just lost my virginity

Heritage - thanks so much for spending time with me on the water. That roll cast will need practice but I felt a lot more comfortable not having to false cast in certain situations/areas. What was that instrument you had that holds the flys while you knot it up? Must order one of those.

@Djs ..Cabellas is great. Exchanged for a brand ne 9 6wt Cabelas LSi. no questions at all excluding customer service having to ok everything with the manager b/ I didn't have my receipt

Stagger

Your experience, both with telling tales of the "First Fish" and Cabelas customer service matches mine.

It's quite a thrill to land that first one.

Good to have met up with you and everyone again.

Dave

Cool...

Hopefully I'll get mine soon

Stagger_Lee wrote:
What was that instrument you had that holds the flys while you knot it up? Must order one of those.

Hi Stagger - That little gem is this. Get the Sr (red one), not the orange one. The red one will hold hooks from tiny midges, up to small streamers.

There's cheaper styles of these, and home made ones work too. For ten bucks, these will last a lifetime, and allow you to spin them to tie a clinch knot (built in swivel tab). It'll pay for itself pretty quick by not losing flies while tying them on.

docsab wrote:
Cool...

Hopefully I'll get mine soon

Doc,

After fishing with you, there is no doubt in my mind that it won't be too much longer before we read your "First" post. Just remember, PICTURES!

Yes I was there for your first fish and the second for high fives.
:) you missed the boat dude :p the broken pole, the first fish, had all the makings of the perfect fish story. OH the story you could have told....sigh, it could have been grand.

Quote: Stagger_Lee wrote:
What was that instrument you had that holds the flys while you knot it up? Must order one of those.

Quote: Heritage-Angler
Hi Stagger - That little gem is THIS. Get the Sr (red one), not the orange one. The red one will hold hooks from tiny midges, up to small streamers.

There's cheaper styles of these, and home made ones work too. For ten bucks, these will last a lifetime, and allow you to spin them to tie a clinch knot (built in swivel tab). It'll pay for itself pretty quick by not losing flies while tying them on.

That instrument is great. Ordered it last weekend and got it on Sat. Used it last night and it made my life so much easier. Actually felt comfortable changing flies in the h2o. Highly recommend spending $10 bucks for this .. thanks H.A.

Back