Finially Satisfied With Ties

gochs

gochs

Recently, I started tying again as I've had more time to do so. I finally think my nymphs look good. I understand that anything buggy will catch flies, but I've noticed the better my flies look, I do get hooked up more.

What do you all think? Just a couple PTs and a Hare's Ear. I know it's not the best picture, but I can only do so much with my phone's camera.

Attachments

• flies.jpg
    flies.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 11
Works for me....although the one on the left is a little chunky in the thorax. But it will work none the less.

Nice job Gochs.
A good rule of thumb is "sparser is better." Nevertheless, your flies look great and your confidence in them will lead to more catches on them (as you know).

Look nice Swallow.

You do realize the only reason I replied to your thread, was so I could reiterate the nickname of Swallow. Lmao

Nice tyes.

Reaching "satisfaction" is a very pleasing state. Enjoy the moment and save a couple of flies for future reference.

Nice ties. I have also spent considerable time trying to make my ties look "nice & tidy," but I find that the messy ones catch more fish for me.

Those will catch fish for sure!

What hooks are you using?

The best thing about tying nymphs is no one can tell you that you did something wrong. There are all sorts of sizes shapes and variety among any given species. A lot with tying nymphs in personal preference as well IMO.

Personally, I like to have a tad longer and skinnier looking hares ear and pheasant tail. I just have sucess with those styles. I mean call me crazy but i tie my caddis larva on a standard nymph hook instead of a pupa or scud shaped hook. Again personal preference.

The only things that i would suggest is maybe shorten up the tail and legs a tad. And maybe a smidge less on the thorax. But don't let me be the judge of the fly we will let that up to the trout.

Keep up the good work and post some pictures of the sucess that is sure to come.

Nice ties!

Back