Finger Food

sandfly

sandfly

When ever I go on a salt water trip I take what is recommended and a few I think might work. here are a few going to hatteras. Finger mullet and squid.

004_zpsae8e33fa.jpg

001_zps6860be04.jpg

You have way more talent than I, nice ties.
Tied 3 musky flys today but no comparison to yours

Nice, love those eyes. ;-)

Nice flies, I have a trip in early october. Unfortunately I'll be pretty far North (4wd area). I'm going to give it a go myself.

What size hooks are you tying these and the other flies on if you don't mind me asking? I'm kind of lost in general where to start.

Those squid look good Sand.......they look like the ones in the cup on the party boat......closest i got so far but my buddies niece borrowed money from him to get a pontoon boat to use in the bay so we might get there yet. NICE FLIES!!!

hbgbswanson,
Those are a size 5 #8080 mustad. a sz. 6 will do in a 3407 mustad. all flies should be tied from a 6 to size 2. in the later season (striper, big blues, etc) then 2/0 - 6/0 flies will work. Albies like small hooks 1 and under.

osprey,
those squid are tied on a mustad 34077 sz 3/0 (very rare hook, curved shank), they wobble when stripped to a degree. nice action.
LV2nymph,
rattle - rattle

Thanks Sandfly, your boxes look great.

I'll at least try hard ha ha.

Back