Finally, some bug action. Midges, midges everywhere

krayfish2

krayfish2

Living close to Stony and the Susky, I usually see a variety of bugs and can get a pretty good feel for what's hatching or what's coming next.

The weather has been so cold, I really haven't seen much going on until yesterday afternoon and again tonight. My house is COVERED in black midges. I have to sweep piles of them off the kitchen floor every morning. They are also pretty big. A sold #18. Looks like this little warm spell might have gotten things rolling.....finally.

Attachments

• IMAG1464[1].jpg
    IMAG1464[1].jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 6
No streams that close to my house, but i do get a few passerby caddis and mayflys that visit the porch light once in a while. Good weather seems to be under way, and once stream temps get to around 50 degrees, things should really start get interesting.

I was out last 3 days in SW PA and waters still cold. Saw midges, stoneflies and very few olives. Barely any surface activity except very few emergers. Yesterday's warm temp and lots of sun for several hours had the fish active in runs about 2-4 feet deep. Best nymphing day of the year so far for me.

Haha my house wAs also covered. Been seeing a lot of stones. Was north yesterday and the grannoms were poking around

Back