Finally done !!!

sandfly

sandfly

heres the box of 550 nymphs to start the year, just finished the Pheasant tail side..should hold me till the end of may, then will have to refill.. Now on to wet flies...........

Attachments

• 4-3-12 074.jpg
    4-3-12 074.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 4-3-12 075.jpg
    4-3-12 075.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 4-3-12 076.jpg
    4-3-12 076.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 4
  • 4-3-12 077.jpg
    4-3-12 077.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 4
Damn Bob I wish I had your job. I can only seem to find time to replenish what I think works. I have a handful of boxes of various stages of filling, replenishing, (some flies I;ve not used in years taking up space) There appears to be small cells that I focus on. I have like 11 nymphs, 4 might never use. I could probably keep what I use in a film container.

It reminds me of a guy I fish with that is always bumming flies from me....he says you got any of those wooly buggers, I say sure you want a couple he says yeah and I give them up, he put them in his box of 150 wooly buggers after taking them from my box of 9.

IMPRESSIVE!
Only 26 more boxes to go. LOL
Must be nice knowing exactly what you might need and where they are when you carry them.

Just don't drop that box in the creek!!

Very impressive!!!

Echo words from others! Impressive indeed! May have to find you on stream, and play new guy with my hand out.. LOL
Nice work!

Bob, you are too good a fisherman to go through 550 flies by yourself by May. What do you do look for lost souls and give them flies?

foxgap,
trees, rocks, trees, rocks, and more trees....lol
I fish where others fear to go !

Hell, I need to follow you, I could fill my fly box! LOL

probally, just like people are allowed to pic up anything on the floor of the shop. some guys get a lot of tying materials that way, or pick up free hackle outside...

nice looking box but do you ever find yourself wasting time on what fly to use? I am more into the simple approach less is more and presentation trumps pattern most of the time.

presentation is the biggest, I just like to cover all the bases when I am out..when i fish a new or a different spot on a stream I like to check the insects out before fishing. I don't go to a stream and just start to cast flies at the water. If presentation was the only thing to go by then why not just use one fly. part of tying is trying to match what is in the stream is it not ??

wow. Nice.

sandfly wrote:
foxgap,
trees, rocks, trees, rocks, and more trees....lol
I fish where others fear to go !

550 nymphs for a couple of months. How much tippet do you use in that time? :lol:

Nice Bob !!!!!!!!!!
Now you won't have to cut flies from Lou's line lol

Sandfly, is that just 1 box with a flip leaf in the middle?
What other boxes do you need to work on?

I believe it is. But its looking good, Bob im coming up for the STPR, you care if I pitch a tent?

one box wit a leaf,5 more boxes to finnish---- Matt come on up I'll reserve a spot for ya..

probally, just like people are allowed to pic up anything on the floor of the shop. some guys get a lot of tying materials that way, or pick up free hackle outside...

Dont you have a basket full of rods, thats touching the floor? ;-)

Nice work Bob.

Back