Field and Stream Hook Shots: Stone Cold Steel

NickR

NickR

http://www.fieldandstream.com/hook-shots

I just wanted to share a video with you guys that I helped to create with Joe Cermele, the fishing editor from Field and Stream Magazine.

Originally planned this as a client trip but had some second thoughts after Joe's suggestion of making a Hook Shot's episode out of this I was all in. After all, if you know me I never pass up a free meal.

Enjoy!

Very cool Nick!

Awesome! So I have to ask, did you buy a bait caster yet?

It's like MTV with fish!

What's next, going to be a dirty pinner?

End of video...."you have any socks?". Lmao. You never forget anything when we fish.

Thanks guys...didn't buy a bait caster just yet. Christmas is almost here...might treat myself. Cant wait to employ some dirty tactics on carp this year.

It was cold without socks the first day haha.

Nick, that was great.........thanks for posting the link.....

Good job Nick, welcome to the dark side...

Nick that was a fun video and thanks for sharing. Do not want to hear about you and a baitcaster!

Enjoyed the vid, thanks for sharing.

"Stogies and Perogies!" That's great...haha

Nick,

Were you using that same Aleka rod you let me use on the D when we fished with Kray in the summer? What model is that one?

I used an Aleka A8 10 Foot 7 Weight. There were also TFO, ORVIS, GREYS rods on deck.You used a different rod on the D.

Attachments

• FeelinDirty_R.jpg
    FeelinDirty_R.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 4
Sasquatch-
No teens! Ha!

I think this style of fast cut editing was first seen on MTV way back....Also the handheld camera "documentary" style.

I liked the video and the humor.

Honestly hate the intro to the video but I guess I don't have a hard rock soundtrack in my mind when I'm out in nature but to each his own.

That is my critique for what it is worth.

Great video Nick.
My son moved to MI last year and I really want to go out there and fish for steel. Your video just got me all fired up to go. How is the fishing in the Spring?

Thanks Whheff!

I have only fished Michigan in October and November. I can't really speak from personal experience because I have never fished Michigan in the spring but I do know that there is superb brown trout fishing in the spring as well as some additional steelhead runs.

If I ever get back up there in spring I'd really like to do a week in the late spring/early summer and spend half the week chasing browns on the PM and Manistee and then hop on over to Beaver Island and spend a couple of days just bumming around and fishing for carp with guide Kevin Morlock.

Back