FFP

R

rrt

Not sure if this is where to post this, but here it is. I sent an order to Flyfisher's Paradise on 12/23 in the evening. I don't know how this is possible, but they filled it that very day and had it to me on 12/27 despite the Christmas vacation. It is truly one amazing fly shop, and as I told Steve (the proprietor) in post on his site, I hope that FFP stays in business as long as I am on this side of the dirt!

That's wild, just had a similar situation with FFP. My son likes to X-Mas shop as I do, shop the last week before the holiday. I couldn't believe this either, he called for a gift certificate on the 21st and low and behold it was in my mail box on the 23rd now that's some kind of service especially over the holiday season. I know they have got plenty of my money over the years and with no regret here. There mail order is by far the best in my opinion and I have been dealing with them since they set up shop . I know there's been some discussion about FFP on the forum in the past but this is just my opinion.

I love FFP, but I don't do mail order. Period. It's 2012 in a few days. Online ordering is an absolute must to keep the bulk of my business. I like the catalogs for browsing, but I refuse to pick the phone up or send a letter to order anything. I know FFP does the online thing now, and am excited to give it a shot. I always stopped in when I was in the area, and always vouched for the shop. I'll be ordering some materials this winter, and am going to give it a go.

I hear you JayL. Funny that you would still support FFP when there are about 2000 fly shops in bozeman! Steve is a good guy though. Have you had a chance to roll up to West Yellowstone yet? Blue Ribbon is a great flyshop. They have a great selection of all kinds of dyed hairs. I love that place. I guess it is about 90 miles away.

Set off to west yellowstone the day before the park roads closed. Planned on heading up paradise valley, then driving through the park from gardiner, but never made it past a mob scene of rising cutties on a yankee jim pee break.

Have yet to make it over there. I've gone to quake and hebgen, but didn't make it all the way to west.

So far, I'm not too crazy about any of the shops' tying selections around town. I still have a handful to visit, though.

Blue Ribbon is hands down the best in the "area" all be it 90 miles from yellowstone. Did you fish below hebgen dam? Wow fishing there is like shooting fish in a barrel! I think one day we caught over 100 fish in a few hours..... The sanjuan bight was on, I even caught one on a stimulator. Here is TB with a nice one with another PAFF member BAM in the background.

Attachments

• P7030089.JPG
    P7030089.JPG
    404.7 KB · Views: 4
  • P7030049.JPG
    P7030049.JPG
    915.1 KB · Views: 4
I had a similar situation with The Blue Quill Angler in Colorado. I placed an order for top secret wing material Thursday night (Dec. 22). Received confirmation email and promo code for next purchase Friday morning. I then received my order Tuesday Dec. 27th in mail (Central Pa) with hand written thank you on receipt! I will not hesitate to do business with them again in the future!

I've scouted it, but have yet to fish it. Definitely going to be all over it as soon as I make my way up there.

Jay, CC is on it! Blue Ribbon is one of the best shops to visit anywhere in the country. Clean out your Jeep to be ready to load up with tying stuff.

If the shop is not busy, (it shouldn't be this time of year) some of the tyers will show you how tie some patterns at the vises they have set up.

Agree with all the FFP love.

Jay, I actually never had a problem with calling. With my cell plan, long distance is meaningless and the call is free. I often have a question about a product or aren't real clear on what I need, and the advice helps. Also, I usually ask how the streams are fishing. Plus, Steve usually recognizes me, and on a handful of occasions, threw in a few parachute Adams' on the house, so thats a nice bonus.

And in addition to all that stuff, I honestly think it's quicker than the online ordering crap. Namely, because I don't make an account anywhere. I hate the stupid e-mails everybody sends, even when you ask them not to. So I end up going through the names, address, etc. every single dang time anyway.

And I'm a little funny about credit card numbers online, though I have done it many times.

I am not a fan of talking on the phone. In my irrational mind, picking the phone up turns the whole thing into an ordeal. It's always been that way. I have gone to bed drunk and hungry because nobody could decide who was going to call for the pizza. It's that much of a hangup. Pretty weird, actually.

Blue ribbon is definitely happening after all these reviews. There's a certain hot spring on a certain river along the way, so I should be able to make a fishing trip out of it regardless of the conditions.

Jay, I'm glad I'm not the only one with a weird phone issue. I would much rather walk into a store than order online, but when the store is too far away, online trumps phone every time. I placed my first order with FFP through the online system the week before Christmas, and got the order in 2 days. Handwritten thank you included on the receipt with a comment about the flys I was likely tying (it was an easy guess). I'm so happy with the service I'm planning to drive out there soon to visit the shop in person.

Back