FF newbie here...

Bump19056

Bump19056

Hello everyone, I'm new to The Boards and Fly Fishing, I've been a bass fisherman most of my life, but there is something about Fly Fishing that draws me right in! I could watch people Tie Flies all day long, it's almost mesmerizing! So, I decided last month to buy myself a Fly Rod and try to learn as much as I can.

I'm wondering if anyone in the Lower Bucks County area wouldn't mind taking this newbie out and showing me a thing or two about Fly Fishing? I look forward to meet and speaking to everyone here on the boards! thanks!!

You've just described me almost 30 years ago. Get ready & hang on it's a great ride, I hope you get as much out of it as I have. Welcome aboard & to ffing.

Welcome to the forum. There was a newbie jam about two weeks ago near Allentown but there will be a follow up session within the next month or so, so stay tuned for the announcement.

Welcome Bump. Great group of folks on this forum with a ton of experience. There is a lot to be learned in the sport of flyfishing. Oh yeah, fishing for bass with a flyrod is a blast. Whether you are catching smallies in a stream or river or after largemouth on the local lake or farm pond. I have only been bass fishing with the flyrod for the past few seasons but it is basically a whole new season to focus on when many of the trout streams warm up to the point that we should lay off of them. You should be able to put some of your bass fishing experience to work for you with a flyrod in hand. Good luck!

Bump .. as it warms up I sneak out to local spots @ Tyler and other spots on the neshaminy. Only been fishing for a couple of years but would gladly take u out and show u what I know ... which isn't much :lol: but you'll have a good time.

Welcome to the board and look for Newbie activities which are the greatest tool for someone starting out

Bump, welcome. I am not that far from you. I am in Pipersville. Tohickon creek is 5 mins. from my house. I also would not mind giving you a hand. If you ever would want I have been teaching fly tying. A couple of our members here have been coming.

GenCon

Bump, take Gencon up on his offer. Seriously. Its worth it.

Welcome to the Jungle!

I hit the neshaminy creek at tyler most evenings in the summer. Pan fish galore, some smallmouth and a few large mouth. The panfish will get you fly fishing and keep you interested. My fly rod turned me into a ten year old again.

Since we don't live in trout Mecca I'm planning on catching me some neshaminy carp on the fly rid this year. Tried a little last year and they just laughed at me.

Get out on the water and you will meet others.

Thanks everyone, I look forword to getting out on the water with you guys, Gencon, I will definitely take you up on your offer on Fly Tying! Just let me know when everything is taking place!

Bump pm sent

GenCon

Back