Ferrule care

JG63

JG63

Rub some paraffin on the "male" ferrule (an old candle works great) to protect your rod and help hold sections together. Anyone ever cast their tip section into the stream by mistake?

JG,
Many people use paraffin and have had no problems/get away with it, and many have had issues.
Wax (paraffin) is sticky and attracts foreign particles. Be cautious and check the ferrule before assembly when using this.
There is a specific product made by U40 called ferrule lube. Don't be fooled by the name as it also protects and preserves the ferrule.
Assemble glass and carbon rods using the bayonet lock which will aid in contact of the ferrules and also check them for looseness throughout the day on the water.

on my glass rods, I use a little "nose wax", just rub the male end on the side of my nose whenever I assemble the rod. really, it works!

bikerfish wrote:
on my glass rods, I use a little "nose wax", just rub the male end on the side of my nose whenever I assemble the rod. really, it works!

Works great for quickly reducing fizz on pop or beer!

I've read that beeswax is superior to paraffin for joining rods. I cant remember the reasons why but I recall that it was compelling.

Bikerfish, you should bottle that nose wax.

4 piece needs both sides of the nose and behind one ear.

Back