Fenwick FF705

D

dhathazy

I bought an old fiberglass Fenwick FF705 from a guy at the Y almost 30 years ago. I didn't happen to use it as much as I should have, but loved that little rod. This past Sunday, I took it out for a trip to a smaller stream where I thought it would be perfect for. Well, less than a half hour into my fishing I slipped in some very shallow water and my hand landed right on the butt section and broke it. I could cry, my son caught his first trout with this rod and was going to give it to him when he had a kid. In retrospect maybe I shouldn't have even been using it, but hadn't used it in a while and had an urge.

Anyway, if anyone comes across one they would like to sell, please let me know.

Thanks,
Dave
412-215-0463

Check out the fiberglassflyrodders forum. You have to join to view the rods for sale and the rods wanted topics. The FF705 is one of the most desired vintage Fenwicks. I own one, and for me it is a gem.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Fenwick-FF705-Two-Piece-Fiberglass-Fishing-Fly-Rod-7-FT-W-Tube-5-Wt/123323531433?hash=item1cb6a7c0a9:g:Z-8AAOSwqj5bU7K4

Ships from pa too

Sorry you broke the rod. Save the tip section. If you find a 705, the extra tip may come in handy some day.

The one on the auction block looks to be in great shape, it will bring a hefty price tag unfortunately.

I might suggest you be a little patient. There was a 705 for sale on the fiberglassflyrodders forum several months ago for a reasonable price, much less than the one on ebay. Really nice condition. If I didn't already own one, I would have jumped on it.

Back